Sunday, October 28, 2007

Homesick

11 W 81st Street . October 29, 2007 . 2:44 am .


I lose some sales
and my boss won't be happy
but I can't stop listening to the sound
of two soft voices blended in perfection
from the reels of this record that I've found.

Every day there's a boy in the mirror
asking me:
What are you doing here?
Finding all my previous motives
growing increasingly unclear.

I traveled far and I burned all the bridges
I believed as soon as I hit land
all the other
options held before me
will wither in the light of my plan.

So I lose some sales
and my boss won't be happy
but there's only one thing on my mind
searching boxes underneath the counter
on a chance that on a tape a I'ld find...

A song for
someone who needs somewhere
to long for.

Homesick
'cause I no longer know
where home is.

T

(Kings of Convenience... thanks for this song.)

No comments: