Saturday, September 15, 2007

Play Pause

59 W 12th Street . 7:55 pm . September 15, 2007 .


I went to see a video installation by Sadie Benning at the Dia Art Foundation in Chelsea today. A pleasant surprise it was to learn that she's a founding member of... Le Tigre!

Wanna disco?
Wanna see me disco?


I really appreciated the way the screening was presented: a huge set of speakers next to a two-screen projection on a wall and nothing else. The space in itself though contributed greatly. The sounds and ambient recordings were outstanding. The drawings were OK. According to the very formal press release handed to me at the entrance "Play Pause tracks a number of urban figures as they navigate their city in search of everyday play and pleasure."

The video was only 29:22 minutes long so less than an hour later I exited the gallery and took my own urban figure on a very afternoon-ish stroll down 22nd Street... one gotsa love New York in the fall.


Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
Who took the ram from the ramalamadingdong?

Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?

Who took the ram from the ramalamadingdong?


T

No comments: